The Department of Civil Engineering has been keen since its inception to strive and strive to develop it and create new ones in a way that suits the needs of society and the local market, with its privacy and exceptional circumstances, up to graduates who push the wheel of growth and development. The department has evolved remarkably over successive years, and it has been provided with the best talent to enable it to achieve quality in its performance. As a general goal, it seeks, with its financial and human capabilities and capabilities, to prepare students for a modern scientific preparation in accordance with international standards, in an effort to enhance the college and university outcomes, enrich scientific research and contribute to the service of the local community.
The Department of Civil Engineering strives to be a local and global respect in terms of quality of higher education, a local and global leadership center in scientific research, and an effective base for community service and leadership.
The department seeks to graduate civil engineers equipped with the foundations of basic and applied sciences and skills in accordance with international standards and the requirements of civil projects, and these sciences include different and modern building materials and basic theories of building analysis that lead to the proper design of reinforced concrete structures, metal structures, water and marine installations, and hydraulic stations. Modern and traditional methods of ground and air sciences are also taught, as well as transport engineering and road and rail network design. Attention is also given to health and environmental engineering, water and wastewater feeding networks and related facilities. The department’s mission extends to upgrading the graduates ’capabilities through organizing conferences, courses and workshops in addition to offering master’s programs in postgraduate studies. The department also contributes to community service through the participation of its members in the Center for Engineering Studies and Consulting to design and supervise the implementation of civil engineering projects and develop appropriate solutions to problems that arise On the various facilities in Libya.
The department aims to prepare the student for assimilation and training on the following: -
- The basics of statics and dynamics, which help the student to analyze different installations with the aim of arriving at a correct and economical structural design, whether these installations are metal - reinforced concrete - prestressed concrete - or composite sectors (metal + concrete). Examples of these facilities are: multi-storey buildings, towers, bridges, ground installations ... etc
- The basic theories of hydraulics that help the student to design water and marine installations.
- Modern and traditional methods of space include: topographic area - pictorial area.
- Transportation engineering, including planning and design of road and rail networks (in the future).
- Sanitary and environmental engineering, which includes water networks, sewage networks and related facilities.
- Construction methods for different facilities and how to overcome difficulties that may arise during implementation.
- Quality control during the various stages of plant implementation, including: business administration - inventory of business quantities.
Postgraduate study plan
Name of degree (in Arabic) granted: Master (high degree) in
Awarded degree name (in English): Master in
The components of the plan:
The study plan for the Master's degree (high degree) consists of (30) accredited units distributed as follows:
|#||The course||number of units|
|1||Department requirements from the university (general requirements)||3|
|2||Department Specialized Requirements (Compulsory)||24|
|3||Department requirements are optional||6|
|#||Course Code||The course name is in Arabic||Course name in English||number of units||Type|
|1||PG900||طرق بحث||research methodology||3||Compulsory|
|5||AEC524||السياسة الزراعية||Agricultural Policy||3||Compulsory|
|6||AEC631||اقتصاديات الإنتاج الزراعي||Agricultural Production of Economics||3||Compulsory|
|7||AEC523||تقييم المشاريع الزراعية||Agricultural Project Evaluation||3||Compulsory|
|10||AEC633||التمويل الزراعي||Agricultural Finance||3||selective|
|11||AEC522||التسويق الزراعي||Agricultural Marketing||3||selective|
|12||ECO642||التجارة الدولية||International Trade||3||selective|
|13||AEC521||إدارة المزارع||Farm Management||3||selective|
|14||AEC641||التخطيط والتنمية الزراعية||Agricultural Plan & Development||3||selective|
|15||ECO643||تحليل الأسعار||Price Analysis||3||selective|