The Department of History is one of the oldest departments in the college, and the department was opened in 1982 AD, and from this date and section it accompanies the scientific and cultural movement in the country, and works to develop its curricula. The first batch graduated in 1985 under the framework of the College of Education. The department continued its tender in graduating batches from the university degree holders (Arts) in Arts and Education until the year 1996 - 1997 AD, and in that year, within the framework of a comprehensive vision to develop colleges at the university, the College of Education concerned with preparing cadres to work in the education sector and others turned into a faculty of arts interested in graduating Researchers in various disciplines are now granted specialized licenses (Arts) in Arts.
The Department of History seeks to fulfill its assigned role and to achieve leadership and excellence in its field of specialization at the local, regional and international levels.
- Instilling and deepening the values of belonging to the homeland and loyalty to it.
- Contribute to the development of society and the spread of knowledge among its members.
- Establishing the base of scientific research, preparing specialized researchers and providing the competencies that society needs to achieve development values.
- Find a Libyan historical school
- Effective partnership and cooperation with civil society institutions.
- Revive the civilizational and pioneering role of the Arab-Islamic nation by studying its history, knowing the weaknesses and aspects of strength, and employing historical experiences to launch and for the nation to take its place alongside advanced nations.
- To develop the spirit of scientific research among students and enrich scientific knowledge in the field of history
- Preparing historical researchers and training them on modern methodological methods of scientific research
- Conducting studies and scientific research to study historical issues and topics with local, Arab and international dimensions
- Studying the effects of Fezzan, and paying attention to them, and providing competencies to work with them.
Department's Graduate Studies Committee
Graduate studies began with the Department of History (MA) in the year 1994-1995, and many batches were graduated in different branches of history
- the old
- And Islamic (the mediator)
- والحديث والمعاصر
Whereas, the first doctoral degree is granted by Sebha University in the Department of History
Study plan for the history department for postgraduate studies
|#||The course||number of units|
|1||Department requirements from the university (general requirements)||3|
|2||Department requirements from the university (general requirements)||0|
|3||Department Specialized Requirements (Compulsory)||21|
|4||Department requirements are optional||6|
List of courses
|#||Course Code||The course name is in Arabic||Course name in English||Units||Type|
|1||PG900||طرق بحث||Research Methods||3||Compulsory|
|2||MCH902||موضوعات في تاريخ الدولة العثمانية||Subjects in The Modern and Contemporary History of Ottoman Empire||3||Compulsory|
|3||MCH903||موضوعات في تاريخ افريقيا الحديث والمعاصر||Subjects in the modern and contemporary history of Africa||3||Compulsory|
|4||MCH904||نصوص ومصطلحات تاريخية باللغة الانجليزية||Historical texts and terminologies in English||3||Compulsory|
|5||MCH905||موضوعات في تاريخ العرب الحديث والمعاصر||Subjects in the modern and contemporary Arab History||3||Compulsory|
|6||MCH906||موضوعات في تاريخ أوربا الحديث والمعاصر||Subjects in the modern and contemporary history of Europe||3||Compulsory|
|7||MCH907||موضوعات في تاريخ ليبيا الحديث والمعاصر||Subjects in the modern and contemporary history of Libyan||3||Compulsory|
|8||MCH908||موضوعات في تاريخ الأمريكيتين||Subjects in the modern and contemporary history of the two America||3||Compulsory|
|9||MCH909||المهارات البحثية||Research Skills||3||selective|
|10||MCH910||وثائق ومخطوطات تاريخية||Historical Documents and Manuscripts||3||selective|