The Department of Mathematics is an essential component of the College of Science to not sense this huge responsibility, and seeks all its components towards achieving the goals and aspirations attached to this college, which need to join efforts and make sacrifices, in order to improve the workflow in an optimal manner and appropriate to the accreditation standards for the University Studies Program. Whereas, in light of the increasing need for teachers specialized in the field of mathematics, which suffers from a severe shortage of human cadres in the world in general and the Arab world in particular, for this we had to play this role as one of the scientific edifices that could contribute positively to the preparation and graduation of scientific cadres Eligible.
- Working in higher education institutions Teaching in general education • Biological laboratories.
• Encryption and blinding in some institutions.
• Banks and commercial companies.
• Graduates of the Mathematics and Statistics track can conduct statistical studies for experimental research and for the various economic, health, commercial, industrial and other sectors.
The department works to participate in providing many services to various sectors and institutions of society, including:
- Developing math curricula in various stages of pre-university education.
- Composing and evaluating school books in the various educational stages.
- Work with the university to organize scientific seminars locally and globally.
- Arbitration of postgraduate studies in other universities and sometimes supervision.
- Providing technical consultancies for some projects provided by the university’s consultative research center and institutions outside the university such as the Urban Planning Center (Sebha), human development centers such as the “Vanguard Center for the Future” and student services centers such as (the Office of Excellence).
- Providing workshops for many mathematical software needed by most scientific departments such as (LaTeX, Mathematica, Matlab… ect)
- The department has the ability to supervise practical research such as studying the areas and oceans of cities and calculating the lengths of coasts using fractal groups and mathematical software such as (Mathmatica).
- Assist in preparing admission exams for many public and private agencies, academic and practical, such as the telecommunications company, the Social Security Fund, and others.
- Providing multiple courses in mathematics within a continuous education program to introduce the most important mathematical theories that touch reality directly under the name (Outreach) intended to attract new students and is directed to secondary students as it aims to serve the community.
Assist in preparing actuarial studies actuarial science or Actuarial science, which is the scientific research that uses mathematical and statistical methods to estimate the magnitude of risks in the sector insurance and financial industries, perhaps the life and death tables used by life insurance is the most popular application of this science.
The department seeks to advance knowledge in all fields of mathematics, whether it is research mathematics or applied to qualify students to serve the community and encourage them to develop their capabilities
Preparing qualified university graduates in the field of specialization and providing them with the principles of knowledge, scientific and logical thinking, and scientific research skills in mathematics,
- Preparing competent university students who have the educational skills necessary for future work.
- The development of scientific trends among students to enable them to develop their own capabilities in postgraduate studies.
- Providing students with the necessary skills to deal with any scientific problem and solve it in a proper scientific manner.
- Providing students with how to invent and develop teaching aids for use in various applications.
- Developing and updating scientific curricula in the field of mathematics.
- Cooperating with all departments of the college to explain the various difficulties related to mathematics.
- Encouraging attendance and participation in scientific conferences and seminars in order to learn about the latest developments in the development of scientific research related to specialization subjects.
Department's Graduate Studies Committee
Study plan for the Department of Mathematics for postgraduate studies
[table “” not found /]
List of courses
[table “” not found /]