Postgraduate Studies Office
Postgraduate Studies Office
About the office
It is considered one of the basic offices for the work of the University's Graduate Studies and Training Department. At university.
The Postgraduate Studies Office is responsible for:
- Receive the nomination of the various employers, including organizational divisions related to the university, for the purposes of graduate study inside, and their classification and classification.
- Determine and identify areas of open graduate study inside, and the preparation that can be directed to them.
- Participate in conducting the necessary research and studies to determine the possibility of developing new specializations for postgraduate studies, and developing existing ones.
- Preparing plans and programs for graduate studies inside, and supervising their implementation.
- Prepare the necessary draft budget for the implementation of plans and programs for graduate studies inside, and follow up on their approval and implementation.
- Receive follow-up reports on the implementation of plans and programs of graduate studies inside, study and analyze them, and take the necessary measures to overcome the difficulties and problems that direct implementation
- Searching and studying requests for extending higher studies inside, and proposing the necessary procedures related to the extension or termination, and ensuring that students return to start their work in the area they follow and present them to the committee of the university.
- Participation in seminars, symposia, and scientific forums related to the office's activities at home and abroad.
- Preparing periodic and annual follow-up reports on the office's activity.
- Participate in the work of committees and work teams related to the office's activity.
The Office of Graduate Studies worked in the light of Sebha University’s strategy towards heading to the electronic university by automating all administrative and academic procedures, and in coordination between the Office of Graduate Studies and Information Development Project at the university. Systems were designed to contribute to linking administrative and academic procedures for students and faculty members on the one hand and administrative matters and related departments and departments on the other hand. And on all of the above, a strategy was developed to work as follows.
- Unifying the academic numbers at the university level
- Create Student information system for postgraduate studies
- Connecting the faculty system to the student information system.
- Collect data for continuing students before building the system.
- System design to register new students
About the University's Graduate Studies Department
The Sabha University was established by decision of the former People's Committee No. 187/1983 AD where it was sold University of Tripoli from 1976 AD The university contains eighteen colleges spread in the southern region, and seeks through its vision, goals and mission Towards civilization progress and to meet the multiple needs of the region in general, and to achieve sustainable development in raising the educational level of the individual in southern Libya, and to push the wheel of scientific progress forward. Among the departments that help the university achieve its goals are the Department of Graduate Studies and Training at the university.
The Department of Graduate Studies and Training at the University is specialized in preparing and implementing plans and programs for graduate studies at the university for faculty members, teaching assistants and employees, or those who are other than those working in the various areas of work within the university's jurisdiction. For the university outside for the purpose of conducting graduate studies
The department can be contacted directly by the Postgraduate Studies Office