Praise be to Allah, and may blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his loyal family and companions.
and then …
The Scientific Affairs Agency in any college or university is considered the main nerve in its renaissance and is one of the important university pillars that generally helps in achieving the vision of the mission and goals of the university and in line with the requirements and standards of academic accreditation of the scientific departments of the university. The University Vice Presidency for Academic Affairs at Sebha University seeks to fully approve the work in an institutional and professional manner that promotes the culture of work in a team spirit and supports the earnest pursuit of creativity, development, innovation and initiative until all the departments of the university faculties reach their accreditation departments and compete locally and internationally. The agency seeks, through its affiliated departments, colleges, and scientific and administrative departments, to update the educational plans, programs, education techniques, accreditation and quality in performance with development efforts that raise the level of education in the country. In general terms, the University Vice Presidency for Scientific Affairs focuses most of its efforts on achieving the higher goals of the university through the university’s strategy approved in 2018 and among the goals that mainly aim to achieve the requirements and needs of society in line with the instructions and decisions of His Excellency the President of the University and the University Council and the agents in the serious endeavor to develop the university. May God grant everyone success and love
CV of the Vice-Rector: Link
The Vice Dean for Academic Affairs is a faculty member charged with overseeing the progress of the educational process, and implementing policies and strategies for the university in accordance with the university's general strategy. The undersecretary of the university’s scientific affairs assists the president of the university in implementing the decisions of the university’s council of a scientific nature and supervising the offices that he is mandated to supervise. According to the powers and competencies granted by the organizational structure of the Libyan universities issued by Resolution No. 22 of 2008 regarding the functions of the agent as follows:
- Follow up on scientific and educational affairs in the university’s colleges.
- Follow-up to quality control to raise the level of university classification.
- Follow up prepared field studies on academic performance obstacles within the university and develop appropriate solutions.
- Follow up and develop academic programs and scientific and study plans.
- Follow up on university publications, books, and references that colleges need to facilitate the educational process.
- Scientific Journal
- Follow up the affairs of the members of the administrative and financial teaching staff.
- Attract new faculty.
- Follow up the collaborators whose colleges need their services.
- Organizing scientific conferences periodically and focusing on internal and external training.
- Follow up on graduate programs.
- Follow up the numbers that can be accepted in colleges according to the capabilities and the need of society.
- Follow-up to the university's electronic sites.
- The tasks assigned to him by the university president.