Speech of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs:
Praise be to Allah, prayers and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his pure family and companions.
The Vice Deanship of Scientific Affairs in any Faculty or university is considered as the main nerve in its renaissance, it’s considered one of the important university pillars that generally helps achieve the vision, mission and goals of the university, in accordance with the requirements and standards of academic accreditation for the scientific departments of the university.
The University vice Presidency for Scientific Affairs at Sebha University seeks for total accreditation to work in a professional, institutional manner that enhances work culture, With a team spirit and supports the serious pursuit of creativity, development, innovation and initiative so that all the knowledgeable departments of the university’s faculties reach the accreditation of their departments, and compete locally and internationally.
Scientific Affairs seeks through its affiliated departments, colleges, scientific and administrative departments, to update plans, study programs, educational technologies, accreditation and quality of performance with development efforts that raise the status of education in the country. In general, the Vice Presidency for Scientific Affairs focuses most of its efforts on achieving the higher goals of the university through the university’s strategy approved in 2018, One of the goals that aims mainly at achieving the requirements and needs of the community in line with the instructions and decisions of His Excellency the President of the University and the University Council and Vice-Chancellors in the serious pursuit of the development of the university. May Allah grant everyone success for what He loves and is pleased with.
Duties of the Vice presidency for Academic Affairs:
The Vice Dean for Scientific Affairs, Sebha University, is a faculty member assigned to supervise the progress of the educational process, and implement the policies and strategies of the university in accordance with the general strategy of the university. The Vice Dean for Scientific Affairs of the University shall assist the President of the University in implementing the decisions of the University Council of a scientific nature and supervising the offices assigned by the President of the University to supervise them. According to the powers and Specialization granted by the organizational structure of the Libyan universities issued by Resolution No. 22 of 2008 regarding the duties of the deputy as follows:
- Follow-up scientific and educational affairs in the Faculties of the university.
- Follow up on quality control to raise the level of university classification.
- Follow-up the field of studies prepared on the obstacles to academic performance within the university and develop appropriate solutions.
- Follow-up and developing of academic programs, scientific and study plans.
- Follow up on University publications, books and references needed by Faculties to facilitate the educational process.
- Follow up the University Journals.
- Follow up the administrative, faculty members, and financial affairs.
- Attracting new faculty teaching members.
- Follow up on collaborators, that Faculties needs their service.
- Organizing scientific conferences, periodically and focusing on internal and external training.
- Follow up Master degrees Programs.
- Follow up the numbers that can be accepted at Faculties according to the capabilities and the needs of the community.
- Follow-up the university’s websites.
- The tasks assigned to the vice of president by the President of the University. Implementing.