Students are accepted and registered according to the following categories:
- Regular students, this category includes all students full-time to study.
- International students, who are non-Libyan students who are granted academic seats and how to accept them, are decided by the Ministry of Higher Education.
At the beginning of each semester, the college determines the number of students who are admitted according to the capabilities of the college, the scientific departments and the needs of the community, and those applying to study at the College of Science are required to obtain a bachelor’s degree in engineering the following conditions:
- The student must attend by himself to complete the registration procedures, and no one may act on his behalf.
- The student must have a high school diploma in the scientific section.
- The student must bring six personal photos in addition to the identity document (national number, nationality, card, passport).
- To be a healthy fit, documented by an approved health certificate.
- To be of good conduct and behavior issued by the school coming from.
- To devote full time to study.
- His general grade in the secondary school should not be less than the specified percentage approved for admission to the college in the year in which the student wishes to register to obtain a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- It is also permissible to take the admission exam and the personal interview decided by the college, and the decision of the admission and interview committee will be final after its approval by the college council.
- That a non-Libyan applicant is obliged to pay fees and study expenses in accordance with the regulations in force in Libyan universities, taking into account signed agreements on reciprocity, and international students on scholarships in accordance with what is in place in Libyan universities.
- Register on the new student management system website and bring the reference number issued from it.
- Complete the procedures from the general registrar by issuing a study number and thus activate the student's online account.
The student directly obtains the password and user name via the e-mail in which the user is registered for registration the first time, and the student is automatically granted the university's e-mail and has all the rights and benefits to use it throughout his studies and the student must keep it in a safe place.
- The procedures for registering new students for the first semester and renewing the enrollment for students take place within two weeks before the start of the study in the registration office, and after fifteen days after the renewal of enrollment, penalties for delay in particular are imposed in the third week..
- In all cases, it is not permissible to accept new students in the first semester and renew the registration after the end of the first week from the beginning of the study, and the student will bear the results of his delay from studying in this period.
- Pay the registration fees, tuition fees, and conduct a medical examination upon registration for the first time and all other procedures required of it.
- If the student does not perform the procedures for registering courses on the specified dates for registration, he will be discontinued from studying due to an unlawful reason.
- The student may add or drop courses that do not exceed the maximum or minimum for the study units established within a period not exceeding fifteen days from the beginning of the study in each semester.
- Students can add or delete courses one week before the start of the semester and end at the end of the second week from the start of the semester..
- The registration must not exceed the maximum academic load and not less than the minimum..
- The student’s registration process is done after consulting with his academic supervisor. The student is responsible for any shortcomings or errors that occur as a result of his ignorance of the instructions..
- If the student does not register any course during the registration period approved by the Vice-Ruling Council, it is considered discontinued and a phrase ” Discontinued for not registering“
The student who is required to transfer to study in the college must fulfill the following:
First: The documents submitted by the student
- The transfer student submits his documents no less than six weeks before the start of the semester to be registered to the College Registrar Office.
- His documents include a list of the number of courses, their vocabulary, units, and degrees in the courses he passed and the system of study in the college from which he moved.
- His success rate in high school shall not be less than the rate prescribed for admission to the college in the academic year in which he wishes to transfer.
- He is obliged to spend at least two years or four semesters before graduating from college.
- His overall grade in the curricula taught in the college from which he is transferred and taught in the College of Science is not less than 65% (good).
- The student is not dismissed from the college from which he is transferred for any reason.
Second: The College Council determines for each semester the proportions required to transfer to the college in proportion to the college's carrying capacity.
Students who have completed the registration procedures are entitled to:
Smart Card: It is extracted from the Student Affairs of the College Registrar Office.
Office card: extracted from the library administration.
The student's card is issued with the payment of fees due for that upon registration within the first week of completing the registration procedures, and no student is allowed to enter the college or take exams except after the card is issued.
The number of graduation units in the scientific departments of the College of Energy and Mining Engineering
|#||scientific department||Minimum units||Number of graduation units|
|1||Oil and Gas Engineering Department.||159||159|
|2||Renewable Energy Engineering Department.||160||160|
|3||Chemical Engineering Department.||158||158|
|4||Department of Materials Engineering and Corrosion.||158||158|
The minimum number of units allowed for graduation has been determined according to the college's internal regulations
Knowing that the study is in the semester system with 10 semesters, equivalent to five years