To keep abreast of industrial expansion and development and the human need to use materials of all kinds, there is an urgent need for an engineering discipline concerned with studying and extracting materials and improving their properties to serve and human well-being.
The fields of work for graduates of the Department of Materials and Minerals Engineering are many (iron and steel factories - cement factories - ceramics and glass - oil and petrochemical industries - engineering alloys industry - and others ...)
The department's study is based on the open semester system, and the academic program is in line with the academic systems applied in the corresponding departments in other engineering colleges.
Materials Engineering and Corrosion Department
- Metallurgical extraction engineer (iron - copper aluminum - gold ……………………… etc.)
- Material formation engineer (steel rolling units - electrical wires and cables, plastic formation in household industries ...)
- Engineer in the field of corrosion in drilling and production companies, oil refineries, electricity companies and marine anchors
- Engineering inspection engineer for petroleum services companies, gas companies and oil refineries
- Welding engineer (war factories, car factories, marinas, shipbuilding ... etc)
- Ceramic Factory Engineer (Production)
- A professional safety and environmental engineer in the metallurgical, ceramic, glass and plastic industries
- Engineering inspection engineer in consulting offices.
- Management (project management, especially in the field of engineering materials, metals and corrosion)