The tenth regular meeting of the Postgraduate Committee for the academic year 2019/2020
Holding the Graduate Studies Committee Sebha University Its tenth regular meeting for this year, on Tuesday, 07/14/2020, through the application of Google to manage meetings. The committee discussed the items of the meeting in the presence of most of its members, and during the meeting a set of alerts and circulars issued by the university council and the Ministry of Education were presented, especially with regard to the progress of the study in light of the spread of the Corona virus. The managers of colleges' graduate studies offices presented their reports on the progress of the study process using electronic technologies, which was very satisfactory despite all the challenges and difficulties facing faculty and graduate students.
During the meeting, the mechanism for conducting midterm and final exams of the completed decisions was also discussed (after reviewing them by the quality coordinators in the scientific departments and under the supervision of the quality departments in the colleges and the director of the university's quality office) in accordance with safety measures to protect from the virus, in coordination between the university colleges and the health authorities in the city in a manner that guarantees spacing and safety Students and faculty.
This is reported to be Ministry of education Universities have been asked to grant permission to gradually call students to take exams and close classrooms, in coordination with crisis committees and health authorities in each city.
University Graduate Committee
It is a committee formed by a decision of the University Council
- Headed by the Vice for scientific affairs at the university
- the membership of chairmen of postgraduate studies committees in colleges with postgraduate studies
- The Director of the University's Graduate Studies Department shall be a member and a rapporteur of it.
The committee meets once a month to discuss all topics related to the following:
- Study and admission
- Consider complaints submitted by scientific departments
- Presenting the proposals of the minutes of colleges' graduate committees and referring their proposals to the competent authorities to issue decisions for implementation
- Supervising the university’s graduate studies, following up and coordinating them, laying down plans and programs, working to develop them, and monitoring their financial resources.