About the college
The Faculty of Agriculture at Sebha University was inaugurated during the academic year 1988/1987 with only one department, the Plant Production Department, at the headquarters of Sebha Agricultural Secondary Institute The College of Agriculture is located on the western side of Sebha on the Sabha-Ubari road, 6 km from the city center.
The college includes the following departments:
- General direction section.
- Agricultural Engineering Department.
- Agricultural Economics Department.
- Department of Agricultural Crops.
- Department of horticulture.
- Plant Protection Department.
- Animal Production Department.
- Soil and Water Department.
Studying in the college follows the open system in which the academic year is divided into two semesters, and the student specializes in the general department if he completes 30 units of general subjects including the basic subject of the department to be specialized in.
The college awards the following degrees:
- Bachelor's degree in agricultural sciences.
- Higher degree (MA) in Agricultural Sciences, currently in the departments of Agricultural Economics, Soil and Water.
Community development scientifically and cognitively and managing resources economically and environmentally.
- Meeting the needs of society of scientific cadres in the agricultural field.
- Working to adopt the use of modern methods in agriculture in a manner that preserves natural resources.
- House of expertise providing advice and scientific and technical expertise to the public and private sectors.
- Contribute to sustainable development.
- Preparing and qualifying technical personnel and frameworks in the field of study.
- Conducting scientific research and studies aimed at contributing to solving agricultural problems and developing agricultural systems.
- Contribute to training and qualification programs for workers in the agricultural field.
- Cooperating with all public institutions, bodies, companies, and agricultural establishments in preparing and designing development projects and providing technical consultations.
- Work to establish specialized production units.