Sebha University is located in the city of Sebha, the largest city in southern Libya. And a few kilometers from Sebha International Airport, The university was established initially from the Faculty of Education in the city of Sebha as a branch of the University of Tripoli in 1976 AD, which later became the nucleus of the first Sebha University. At the beginning of 1983 AD, Resolution No. 187 of 1983 AD was issued by the former General People’s Committee regarding the opening of Sebha University as an independent university in the city of Sebha. At the beginning, it included the faculties of education and science, and with the passage of time, many faculties were opened according to the needs of the region.
Where it initially included the faculties of education and science, then the faculties of human medicine, agriculture, engineering and technical sciences, economics and accounting joined it, until the number of university faculties reached twenty distributed over the different regions of the south, one of which is outside the country. It currently has more than 25,000 students, more than 1,300 faculty members, and 3,500 employees. In addition to 9 research centers distributed over the geographical area of the southern region. About the University Sebha University
The university regularly organizes scientific and sports activities, exhibitions, scientific conferences, awareness seminars, training courses, and evaluation of scientific research in local and international scientific journals. It also participates in various activities organized by other universities inside and outside Libya.
Undergraduate studies in colleges
Academic educational programs at the university
Sebha University offers many academic programs in the various faculties of the university. Students are awarded university degree certificates at the level in all departments according to the academic plans of the faculties:
- Faculty of Arts, Sebha
- Sebha College of Science
- Faculty of Agriculture, Sebha
- Faculty of Human Medicine, Sebha
- College of Engineering
- Faculty of Commerce and Political Science
- Ubari College of Education
- School of Law
- Faculty of Dentistry Sebha
- Zewaila College of Education
- Faculty of Education Ghat
- Sebha College of Nursing
- Faculty of Physical Education Sabha
- College of Medical Technology
- faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Energy and Mining Engineering
- College of Information Technology
- College of Medical Technology
- College of languages
- Faculty of Education N’Djamena Chad abroad
Postgraduate studies in colleges
The university’s postgraduate program began in the College of Arts in the academic year 1990/1991 and was followed by the College of Science, Engineering, Technology, Agriculture, and Energy and Mining Engineering. The university is currently pursuing a Ph.D. program. For postgraduate level, The university offers a postgraduate program (Master’s degree) according to the college’s study plans.
The total number of educational programs at the higher level is 22 programs distributed over five colleges:
- college of Literature: The higher bachelor’s degree is awarded in the following sections: Arabic Language – Quran Sciences – History – Interpretation – Geography – Psychology – Sociology – English Language
- College of Science: The higher degree (Master’s) is awarded in the following departments: Chemistry – Botany – Zoology – Physics – Computer – Mathematics.
- Faculty of Engineering and Technical Sciences: The Higher Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s) is awarded in the following departments: Civil Engineering – Electronic Engineering – Medical Laboratory Sciences – Environmental Sciences – Food Science and Technology.
- College of Energy and Mining: The Higher Degree Certificate (Master) in Renewable Energies is awarded in the Department of Renewable Energies and accredited with the Tempus programme
- faculty of Agriculture: The Higher Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s) is awarded in the departments: Soil and Water – Agricultural Economics.
Basic information about the university:
a. Year Founded: 1983 by Resolution No. 187 b. The number of faculties is 20
c. One of the colleges outside Libya N’Djamena Chad d. The number of centers affiliated to 9 centers
e . Number of Employees: 3485 employees and. Number of faculty members: 1,290, or 2% international
h. Number of students: 25,920, or 2.78%, international i. Number of departments and sections: 168
j. Number of students graduated: 37452 k. 5 Libya Innovation Awards 2016-2018
to. 3 patents
Sebha has 6 a number of centers that provide services to students, faculty members and the community:
Table 1 shows the number of centers in Sebha University
|creation date||Center / office|
|12/6/2004||Quality and Performance Evaluation Office (the first office in Libyan universities)|
|2001||Information Technology Center|
|2001||Research and Consulting Center|
|2016||Training and development center|
|2018||Research and Consulting Center|
|2019||Development of the information center|
|2019||Environment and Community Service Center|
|2019||Leadership and innovation center|
The use of E-Learning and distance Education has been associated with Sebha University since the beginning of 2016. Using this technology is a solution to some educational problems and loopholes. Some faculties were suffering from deficiencies in teaching courses, especially (Faculties of Medicine and Pharmacy) due to the lack of associate Teachers for some Curriculum, and the difficulty of traveling and transferring collaborating Teachers from other universities. Because of the geographical distance. Accordingly: A lecture hall has been equipped at the Faculty of Medicine at the university, prepared for the purpose of cooperation with some professors, to fill the deficit in some of these Curriculums. For your information: This technique found acceptance and approval from the majority of teachers and students after using it. This technology was used to solve the problem of Master Degree’s Projects, theses in most Faculties that have postgraduate studies. These faculties were suffering from the difficulty of communication and the transfer of the External Examiner, which led that some students became late for long periods. With the presence of this Technology, more than (20) Technological messages were discussed via(Video Conferencing) During the Years (2016), (2017),(2018),(2019).
For more information, visit the Electronic library website and the Electronic learning website.
لمزيد من المعلومات زيارة موقع زيارة موقع المكتبة الالكترونية و موقع التعليم الالكتروني