The General Administration of Libraries and Publications
The General Administration of Libraries and Publications at Sebha University is specialized with the following:
- Implementing technical systems related to technical preparation in the field of libraries, whether it involves equipping libraries with books, classifying them, cataloging them, organizing their lending systems, and more.
- Monitoring publications from various publishing houses and working on providing suitable materials for the university libraries.
- Focusing on educational journals, monitoring their content, and working on subscribing to them.
- Taking care of study halls, supervising them, providing necessary books, facilitating access to them, and borrowing procedures.
- Providing college libraries or departments with their book and knowledge resource needs.
- Offering valuable suggestions for developing and organizing library services in the university, its faculties, and departments as needed.
- Preparing detailed statistics on the movement of books in the library and providing useful reports and recommendations accordingly.
- Taking part in book exhibitions, participating in them, and making the most of their benefits.
- Supervising the bookstores in the university, its faculties, and departments.
- Implementing Arabicization programs at the university, providing useful suggestions, monitoring the committees formed to implement them, and facilitating their success.
- Paying attention to book translation and authorship within the university, reviewing evaluation committees, and providing suggestions to encourage translation and authoring work.
In order to achieve the university’s goals of providing access to information and delivering close and efficient services to faculty members, students, and researchers, several libraries have been opened within the university’s affiliated Faculties.
These include the Faculty of Science Library, the Faculty of Arts Library, the faculty of Nursing Library, the Faculty of Human Medicine Library, the Faculty of Dentistry Library, the Faculty of Agriculture Library, the Ubari Faculty of Education Library, the Brak Faculty of Education Library, the Ghat Faculty, Faculty of Education Library, the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Library, the Faculty of Law Library, and the Faculty of Energy and Mining Library. Generally, and based on the specialization and demand from each Faculty, the Central Library provides copies of books, references, and various journals to these libraries.
The General Administration of Libraries and Publications, in general, specializes in all activities related to providing books, references, scientific journals, and magazines for the university and its equivalent. It also organizes the utilization of libraries, lending methods, and other related tasks. The administration carries out its responsibilities through the following organizational offices:
It specializes in the following:
- Implementing technical systems related to technical preparation in the field of libraries, whether in terms of equipping libraries with books, classifying and indexing them, managing loans, and more.
- Monitoring publications from various publishing houses and working on providing the university libraries with suitable materials.
- Paying attention to educational journals, keeping track of their publications, and working on subscribing to them.
- Caring for study halls, supervising them, providing them with necessary books, facilitating access to them, and handling borrowing procedures.
- Supplying faculty or department libraries with their book and knowledge material needs.
- Providing useful suggestions for the development and organization of library services, such as university libraries, faculties, or departments, as appropriate.
- Preparing detailed statistics on book movements in the library and providing useful reports and suggestions in this regard.
- Participating in book exhibitions, benefiting from them, and actively engaging in them.
- Supervising book storage facilities in the university, faculties, and departments.
- It specializes in the following:
- Implementing translation programs at the university, providing useful proposals in this regard, and following up on the committees formed to implement translation programs and facilitate their success.
- Focus on translating and authoring books, reviewing evaluation committees for them, and providing proposals to encourage translation and authoring works.
- Monitoring the publishing and printing activities outside the university and paying attention to scientific journals and magazines and subscribing to them.
- Emphasizing the role and importance of the university in the publishing, authoring, and printing activities, and providing useful proposals in this regard.
- Collecting manuscripts of authored books, printing and publishing them, and following up on their marketing within the university and external libraries.
- Proposing financial incentives for translation and authoring works at the university, in accordance with the applicable regulations in this regard.
It specializes in the following:
- Inventorying the needs of books, references, scientific journals, and categorizing and indexing them according to their titles.
- Carrying out all procedures related to providing libraries with books and references.
- Monitoring the opening of credits for supplying needs and customs clearance.
- Establishing connections with local, regional, and international publishers in order to identify their latest scientific publications and benefit from them.
- Participating in exhibitions domestically and internationally and utilizing them to provide library needs in coordination with relevant parties.
- Documenting all supplies of books, references, and scientific journals, as well as the entities to which they have been distributed.