The Second Virtual International Conference 2020 Under the slogan: The Effects of the Corona Pandemic on the Economy and Politics
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant economic damage that has surpassed the health effects of the virus, as the global economy has been greatly impacted by this pandemic.
Given the complexity of the crisis and the uncertainty surrounding the virus spread, as well as the policies that countries will adopt in response to the repercussions of this pandemic.
Governments of these countries have taken urgent measures to mitigate the risks of pandemic spread through a package of measures, including partial and complete closures of borders, as well as economic sectors both productive and service-oriented, leading to a decrease in consumption, investment, and production, resulting in millions of workers losing their jobs. As a precautionary measure to stimulate economic activity and rescue economies from collapse, various governments around the world have initiated emergency plans to manage the crisis by providing financial assistance to companies and individuals to ensure the guarantee and stability of their economic growth.
The International Monetary Fund believes that global GDP will contract this year compared to pre-pandemic forecasts and this contraction may continue until 2021, marking the deepest decline since the Great Depression.
In light of these circumstances, decision-makers must implement unconventional measures to deal with this crisis. Such measures include considering interest rates, quantitative easing, credit easing (asset purchases) to support banks and money market funds, and more facilities to encourage banks to lend to small and medium-sized projects to sustain local economies and general employment.
- Economic Axis:
- The direct and indirect impacts of the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic on the local and international economic situation.
- Impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on oil markets.
- Administrative Axis:
- Crisis management methods in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Administrative patterns and methods in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Financial Axis:
- The future of local and international investment in light of the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic repercussions on financial markets.
- Electronic banking and its role in reducing the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Political Axis:
- The political effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global system.
- The future of international relations after the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Accounting Axis:
- Corporate social responsibility in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on loan implementation and accounting principles.
Official Speakers at the Conference:
- Dr. Suleiman Al-Shihoumi, Founder of the Libyan Stock Market, Biography Click here
- Dr. Suleiman Zwari Farhat, Biography Click here
Sebha University intends to organize a virtual scientific conference entitled: The Second Virtual International Conference (Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on the Economy and Politics) on June 20, 2020. Therefore, the Scientific Committee of the conference invites all researchers and interested parties in all educational institutions, related institutions, and civil society institutions to submit their research and ideas on the issues at hand.
For more information about the conference, you can visit the conference’s official website at the following link:
Keywords: Virtual conference, COVID-19 pandemic, economy, politics